- VHF 71
- 80 m
- 5 m
- Private port
- Agios Efstratios, Greece
Rhodes Marina is a famous port situated in the city with the same name on the shores of the Aegean Sea. This fantastic location is the ideal destination for those who enjoy the lively nightlife, beach-side discos, bars and luxurious hotels. Rhodes is full of unique attractions and superb landmarks that are available for visitation. The top rated ones are The Medieval City, The village of Lindos , the Acropolis of Lindos and the Grand Master Palace in the old town. The top rated accommodation units in the area are Athena Hotel, Bellevue Suites, Achillion Hotel, Rodos Park Suites & Spa and Best Western Plaza Hotel which will fascinate you with their unique charm and superb seaside views. If you are looking for a place to have an excellent meal, you should visit the fish market in the harbour or the outstanding restaurants in the city. Pegasus Restaurant, Tamam, To Limeri Tou Listi and Artemida Taverna offer varied menus with delicious desserts and traditional beverages.
What makes Rhodes Marina unique?
The Rhodes Marina is an elegant community near the medieval town of Rhodes, and one of the most attractive locations on the island all the year round. The modern facilities for the yachts, along with the recreational and promenade areas, offer getaway moments for the Rhodians and the visitors of the island. Rhodes offers everything a visitor could ask for and it is very easy to be accessed all year round. The International Airport that serves millions of visitors from all around the world is just thirty minutes away. The main commercial port, with regular and frequent ferry itineraries, is located right next to the Marina.
Mooring and Docking Schedule
The Rhodes Marina is open 24 hours, both during season and extra-season.
What are the emergency phone numbers I might need?
Port of Rhodes: +30 (0) 2241022220; +30 (0) 2241028666
Offices of the Greek National Tourism Organisation: +30 (0) 2241044330
Municipality of Rhodes: +30 (0) 2241046200
Police Station: +30 (0) 2241027506
Tourist Police Station: +30 (0) 2241027423
Rhodes General Hospital: +30 (0) 2241080000
How to get to Rhodes Marina?
• By boat – Lat. 36.43777778/ Long. 28.24055556. There are also daily ferry connection to Rhodes Marina from the port of Piraeus. Ferries may stop at the islands of Patmos, Leros, Kalymnos, or Kos. The trip from Piraeus to Rhodes Marina is 12 to 17 hours, depending on the number of ports of call. Rhodes is accessable via ferry from Symi, Tilos and Bodrum, Fethiye, Datca and Marmaris in Turkey. Cruise ships dock at the Commercial Port, east of Rhodes’ Old Town.
• By plane – The island is served by Rhodes International Airport, “Diagoras” (IATA: RHO). The airport is situated on the west coast about 14 km from Rhodes Town.
The facilities for which skippers usually book a berth here
- 24-hour access
- 24-hours surveillance
- Fuel Station
- Waste Collection
- Dry dock
- Hosteria dei Cavalieri Restaurant
- 13 minute ( 5.6 km )
- Kokkini Porta Rossa Hotel
- 22 minutes ( 1.8 km )
- Ta Kardasia Restaurant
- 20 minute ( 6.7 km )
- In Camera Art Boutique Hotel
- 24 minutes ( 2 km )
- Spirit of the Knights Boutique Hotel
- 17 minutes ( 6.3 km )
- 7 Palms Hotel Apartments
- 20 minutes ( 1.6 km )
- Amathus Elite Suites
- 18 minutes ( 8.3 km )
- Star Hotel
- 12 minutes ( 1 km )
What is Rhodes Marina recommended for?
- Families with children
- Budget planning
- Its architeractural design
- Nautical sports
Nearby Main events
- Entrata Moda Fashion Show
- every year in January
- Fitness Day
- every year in October
- Medieval Rose Festival
- every year during summer
- The Sound and Light Show of Rhodes
- every year; date varies from May to October
- The Grand Master Palace
- 2.4 km
• It is one of the first buildings constructed by the Knights and it was completed in 1346. Archaeologists suggest that the temple of the Sun used to be in the exact same area. Some even claim that Colossus of Rhodes was standing here and not at the entrance of the port. The Grand Master Palace, the Castello, as called by the locals, with its gate with heavy wooden door and the two immense towers is one of the most characteristic pictures of Rhodes. The Grand Master used to live here with his courtiers and used to hold meetings with the leaders of the “tongues”. Today, the Palace serves as a museum. However, of its 158 halls, only a few are open to the public. On the first floor, there are exhibits mainly from the knighthood: furniture, chandeliers, tapestries, vases, sculptures, armors, and works of art. An entire hall is dedicated to the modern Hospitallers, with photographs from their humanitarian action. The basement hosts a permanent exhibition entitled “Rhodes from the Old-Christian times to the Turkish occupation (1522)”. We suggest you see the Laocoön Group, a replica of the original sculpture which is kept today in the Vatican museum, and the mosaic floors.
Visiting hours: 08:30-21:00
Tel.: + 30 (0) 2241025500
- The Archaeological Museum
- 2.1 km
• It is housed in the old Hospital of the Knights, one of the biggest medieval buildings in the Old Town, located at the beginning of the Knights street (Museum square). Its construction started in 1440 and was completed 49 years later. Findings from Rhodes and the neighboring islands dated from the Mycenaean period to the Middle Ages are in display at the museum. In the grand hall of the first floor, you will see medieval grave columns and a roman sarcophagus, which was used to bury Master Pierre de Corneillan. In smaller rooms, coins, vases, figurines, sculptures, mosaics and coats of arms are in display. It is worth seeing the column of Krito and Timarista, dated from the 5th century BC, the head of the Sun, dated from the 2nd century BC, the crouching Venus, a statuette of the 1st century BC, and the Marine Venus, a large sculpture of the 3rd century, which was found in 1929 in the bottom of the sea near Grand Hotel. The seated lion at the museum’s yard is made of lartian stone, a kind of marble that was extracted from village Lardos.
Open daily, except Mondays. Summer hours: 8.00-19.30
Tel.: + 30 (0) 2241034719; +30 (0) 2241075674
- Rhodes Aquarium
- 4.1 km
• It is located on the northernmost part of Rhodes and was built in the years 1934 to 1936 by the Italian architect Armando Bernabiti. It is accommodated in an unusual building with art-deco features. Its basement is landscaped as an undersea cave and the fish originating from the Aegean Sea and east Mediterranean live in glass tanks of various sizes. There are moray eels, eels, turtles, gilt head breams, breams, humantins, perches, brassies, octopuses, corals, sea anemones. A unique fish species which you may see in the Aquarium is ghizani. On the Aquarium ground floor, several embalmed see monsters are at display: a zifios (beaked whale) which was washed up in South Rhodes, a huge ray, dogfish, seals, a large monk fish and a 2,000 years old skeleton of a Mediterranean seal, which was found in the port of Rhodes.
Open daily. Summer hours: 09.00-20.30
Tel.: +30 (0) 2241027308
- Modern Greek Art Museum
- 3.7 km
• Ιt was founded in 2002 and is accommodated at Nestorideion Melathron, at Haritos square in Mandraki (next to the casino of Rhodes). Part of the permanent exhibits of the Municipal Art Gallery, with works of contemporary Greek artists, was transferred here. Its halls host educational programs for pupils and students, as well as art events. Information at tel.: +30 (0) 2241043780.
- The Citadel of Rhodes (Monte Smith)
- 3.1 km
• It was a monumental zone with temples, underground worship areas, parks, stadiums, gymnasiums, conservatories. It is located at the city’s highest point, the Hill of Monte Smith. Excavations started in 1924 by the Italians, and one of the most important monuments that were brought to light is the Doric temple of Pythios Apollo. The ancient stadium, located under the temple of Apollo, was built in the 2nd century BC. Next to the stadium, there is the Roman conservatory, with radiuses that can support an attendance of up to 800 persons. Only two or three seats on the first row and a couple of stairs are authentic, the rest were part of the restoration by the Italians. Today, ancient tragedy plays and various events are held at the conservatory. In the area in front of the conservatory, there are the remains of the Gymnasium, while, on the north, the relicts of the Doric temple of Zeus Polieus and Athena Polias were discovered. This is the highest point of the area and the view over Rhodes is panoramic. It was here that the English admiral Smith had set his observation post. At the same point, the ancient astronomer Ipparchos observed the starry sky. In the wider area around the temple, there are two Nymphaia, meaning arched sanctuaries carved in natural caves. In 1802, the English set an observation post on the hill above Mandraki in order to observe the moves of Napoleon’s fleet, who had occupied Egypt. The hill was named after admiral William Sydney Smith, who was in charge of the English force.
Entrance to the archaeological site is free.
- The Citadel of Ialysos
- 10.2 km
• It was the home place of Olympic champion Diagoras. It was also one of the three “superpowers” of ancient Rhodes, along with Lindos and Kamiros. The exact location of Ialysos is not known. Excavations have brought to light several small settlements and cemeteries (the oldest traces of habitation date back to the end of the 3rd millennium BC), but not any big cities. The city’s importance declined after the foundation of the city of Rhodes and it was probably destroyed for good around 155 AD., due to an earthquake. The citadel of Ialysos is located on the hill of Filerimos, in front of Kyra Filerimou monastery. Only a very few monuments of the once mighty Ialysos’ citadel were preserved. One of them is the temple of Athena Polias, dating back to the 2nd or the 3rd century BC, built on the site of an earlier, 5th century temple. At the same spot, over the remains of Athena’s temple, a basilica was built around the 5th or 6th century AD. Only the baptistery survived of it. West of the temple, there is the underground Byzantine church of Aghios Georgios of Hosto, built more or less at the same time as the basilica. Another relic of the ancient citadel is a Doric drinking fountain from the 4th century BC, with faucets in a lion head shape.
The archaeological site is open daily except Mondays. Summer opening hours: 8:00-19:30.
Tel.: + 30 (0) 2241025500
- Rhodes Aquarium
- 4.1 km